To learn more about the services at Shady Lane Nursing Home, click on a service below.
► Business Office
Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
Director of Billing
Responsible for billing and collecting monthly income and room and board charges for both Private and Medicaid residents.
Responsible for Personal Needs Account (PNA) for all residents, which includes residents needs such as haircuts, personal telephones, clothing, newspaper, etc.
Responsible for answering any questions about residents accounts and bills.
Director of Finance
Responsible for the purchase and payment of all goods and supplies for the nursing home.
Responsible for the tracking and accuracy of the budget for each department and the entire nursing home.
Responsible for answering any questions about vendors accounts and bills.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Business Office:
Main Number: 856-224-6979
Director of Billing – Extension: 112
Director of Finance – Extension: 113
► Healthcare Services
We at Shady Lane Home are a team of caring and dedicated healthcare providers who are committed to meeting the needs of you and your loved ones. Shady Lane Home is proud to offer the following services to our residents and their families.
- Medical Director to oversee physician services to our residents.
- Specialty trained nursing staff – Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nurses Aides delivering excellent care to our residents 24 hours a day.
- Rehabilitation Services – Physical Therapists, Speech Therapists, and Occupational Therapists work collaboratively with our resident’s physicians and nurses to ensure that each persons rehabilitation or functional abilities are achieved and maintained.
- Other Services – Psychiatry, Psychology, Dental, Optometry, Pharmacy, Laboratory, and X-ray
► Dining Services
Our dining services department assures that residents consistently enjoy meals that are delicious, wholesome attractively served in gracious settings. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in our main dining room. We serve meals that meet all doctor orders. Snacks are provided through out the day. Food is a social occasion, too, so we plan and put on a number of special meals and food functions each year, ranging from traditional holiday meals to special theme dinners.
Registered dietitian on duty to answer questions that new residents my have.
► Social Services
- Emotional Support to both resident and families
- Support group meetings for families adjusting to placing
- their loved one in long term care.
- Pet therapy
- Advocate for resident and the confidentiality of their personal information.
- Ensuring that our resident’s emotional and physical needs are being met with dignity by our staff.
► Therapeutic Recreation (TR)
Therapeutic Recreation (TR) is an interdisciplinary form of treatment, rehabilitation and enhancement of residents’ quality of life. TR is used to facilitate a person’s physical, mental disability, or disorder. Helps to develop and restore functions, prevent loss or slow the process of future physical capacities and maintain their optimum performance. “Activities” are the tools that are used to complete these goals. Activities are programs such as horticultural, pet therapy, snozelen, sensory stimulation, exercise, dance, art, volleyball, spiritual services, community outings, cooking, and yes BINGO! They are used to accommodate each individual’s likes and needs. We are here to provide a service as well as have fun!
Therapeutic Recreation is a four year college degree with several hundred hours of volunteer work as well as two internships from accrediting facilities. After graduation, certification is needed by taking a nation-wide exam. To keep certified you need to complete additional classes, attend seminars and workshops. Therapeutic Recreation requires knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical conditions, state and facility requirements and the abilities or disabilities of each individual.
► Environmental Services
This unique department provides a clean and sanitary the facility in a safe, orderly, and attractive manor.
The services include:
- Personal Laundry Services – Cleans all resident personals using a computerized laundry chemical distribution system, designed to effectively clean and maintain the fabric to prolong the life of the garment. The individuals handling the personals are industrious minded and accomplishes the task with a sense of pride in their work.
- Housekeeping – An on site proven, trusted, high quality and reliable group of team members that cleans and maintains the facility in a clean, safe, sanitary, orderly, and odor free condition.
- Storeroom – combines an organized supply of necessary items for the short and long term care of residents with a “can get-will get” attitude, all in an effort to address the needs of the resident and nursing.
Training includes, but is not limited to the following:
- MSDS and the importance of the program
- Fire Preparedness
- Infection Control Procedures
- Regulated Medical Waste Procedures
- Disaster Preparedness
- Garment Labeling